About 159 MADISON

159 Madison Avenue was built in 1911 and was occupied from spring 1912 until 1957 by the Executive Brassiere Company that primarily produced ladies undergarments. In 1957 General Electric purchased the building and occupied it as the headquarters of their international operation. The building was then sold to an investment group led by Jack Ehrenhaus, who converted the building to rental units in the late 1970’s.

In December 1986, 159 Madison Avenue Associates (the sponsor) made its first offering to convert the building to Cooperative ownership. The Cooperative Organization of 159 Madison Owners Corp. was declared, effective April 11, 1988.




Subscribe to Post Updates


New Nightclub Coming to Park Ave

September 23, 2017
by Ami Bhatt

A new Mondrian hotel, the Mondrian Park Avenue, is slated to open this month at 444 Park Ave (between 30th and 31st). Continue Reading

Upcoming Street Closures

September 14, 2017
by Ami Bhatt

Click here to see information on upcoming street closures in the Continue Reading

Caffe Marchio

September 14, 2017
by Ami Bhatt

Danny Meyer's Roman inspired cafe has opened.  The cafe serves a variety of coffee-inspired drinks, as well as savory fare, Continue Reading

New Art Installation in MSP

September 14, 2017
by Ami Bhatt

A new art installation is coming to Madison Square Park this fall.  Per TimeOut New York, the new installation will feature Continue Reading

Amazon Bookstore on 34th St.

September 14, 2017
by Ami Bhatt

Amazon added to its physical store presence by opening a new bookstore on 34th.  Books are organized in part based on Continue Reading

View from 159 Madison Avenue on a summer evening. Photo Caption: View from 159 Madison Avenue on a summer evening.

About 159 MADISON

159 Madison Avenue was built in 1911 and was occupied from spring 1912 until 1957 by the Executive Brassiere Company that primarily produced ladies undergarments. In 1957 General Electric purchased the building and occupied it as the headquarters of their international operation. The building was then sold to an investment group led by Jack Ehrenhaus, who converted the building to rental units in the late 1970’s.

In December 1986, 159 Madison Avenue Associates (the sponsor) made its first offering to convert the building to Cooperative ownership. The Cooperative Organization of 159 Madison Owners Corp. was declared, effective April 11, 1988.



Subscribe to Post Updates